Help with some avatar stuff

RavingHusky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, ive just bought CSA's Purple and White husky full avatar for 800L$ on the market, and im quite new to SL

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CSA-Husky-WhitePurple/4943343 <-- this for reference.

It says its a full avatar but when i look at it in game its just a head peice. 

help is muchly appericated

Rave 

EDIT:

Well i have a item in my recent items which is the weird toy esc thing that keeps getting put on my head which is called CSA: Purple/white husky and there seems to be nothing extra in the clothing layer either.

EDIT: 2 the item i DO have has no description and the creator box is set to multiple so i cant message one person.

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life, Rave!

Actually, that item says "Partial Avatar". It looks like several mesh attachments for an existing avatar. There should have been instructions packed in with the bits, and some of the bits may have been packed into a box. Look carefully at the descriptions of the bits in inventory to see if there's a notecard. If so, open it and read the instructions. And since it's a partial avatar, there should also be clothing layer bits to paint any underlying avatar you wear with the attachments.

And don't be afraid to IM the creator of the outfit to ask for help!

Come back to your question with anything more you learn from probing around in your inventory. You can edit your question via "Options" over there on the right.

Woof!

;-).

• Like 2

It looks like it should have come with:

• A husky head
  • Ears (possibly attached to the head, I can't tell from the picture)
  • Eyes (again, possibly a part of the head, possibly separate from it.
  • A tail
  • Legs, from knee to paw
  • A purple and white skin

The item may be boxed. It shouldn't be, according to the listing, though. It should have been delivered to you in a folder. That folder should have included several items, and a skin layer, and probably an alpha layer or two. If you can make a copy of the item you did recieve, do so, then try rezzing the copy and seeing if it can be unboxed. If it can't be unboxed/there's nothing useful in it, look at the profile of the person who sold it to you - it's on the right side of that marketplace link, right above where it says "Use it now" in green letters. DON'T message him without reading his profile; he may have a specific customer service rep you should contact, or other ways of getting into contact with him, so check his profile for instructions. You can also search for a support group for that store inworld, and ask a question there. Other, more experienced users may be able to help. 

Try messaging Maldavius Figtree, who's the owner of the marketplace store from which you bought the avatar.

I not sure what a "weird toy esc thing" is, but that might be the box in which all the avatar bits are packed. Here's how to unpack boxes...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

The item is copiable, so make a copy before you unpack. That way you can noodle all you want without breaking the original.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.