HUDs and Appliers Unresponsive

Anselem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've checked and ensured that I'm in an area where scripts are allowed. 

Suddenly, none of my appliers or HUDs are responding.

The Maitreya Lara HUD will pop on the screen, but will not open when I click on it. 

The Catwa HUD will open and allow me to switch between tabs, and responds as if it will work when I click on different options, but no changes are made to my avatar's appearance. I can't clear makeup, etc. 

And any skin applier I try to use has no effect at all. 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firestorm, but no change. I saw something about accidentally blocking myself or an item, but no such thing pops up on my Block List. 

Any ideas?

EDIT: I've tried both of your suggestions, but neither seems to have helped. x-x Thank you for trying. 

2 answers to this question

Other people have asked similar questions recently but I don't think we've found a good explanation yet.

One possible explanation is connection problems causing messages between your viewer and the server to be lost on the way. You can check that in Help -> About Firestorm. At the bottom of that window you'll see how many pakctes have been lost in transfer since you logged on.

Another possible explanation is that the sim is overloaded and is skipping scripts. You can check that by moving to a different, lower lag, sim and see if you still have the problem there.

A third explanation is that a script has been misbehaving (or that a server error cmakes it believe the script has been misbehaving) and been blocked by the server. This is highly unlikely though and you should get a message about it.

It does happen that a script simply stops working and needs to be reset or replaced. It's hard to believe that can have happened with all those scripts at the same time but if you can't find any other explanation go and get some redelivieries and see if fresh copies of some of the HUDs work.

Btw, reinstalling or changing the viewer won't do anything in this case. Scripts are all run server-side.

Do you maybe have something attached to one of your HUD attachment points that's blocking all your other HUDs?  Check this by either looking at all your attachments, or try this:  Right click your screen in some location where there's nothing else in world for the mouse to click on...right click an empty bit of sky for example.  If the Edit option appears, click it and then scroll your mouse wheel back to zoom away from the screen.

If the UI behaves as it would if you'd done this with one of your HUDs...that is, if a rectangle representing your screen appears...then you've snagged the attachment.  Right click again and select Detach.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.