Either someone helps me or I'll sue Linden. I lost my avatar and its actually hot body.

AtlantisUnbound

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

at the first place... everybody here is just a resident as you, no Lindens come here, or if they do it's hidden.

Second.... tell a bit more what happened, what you lost and when...

Third... sueing....not a chance...

(Fourth ...not really has something to do with this, but do something with your profile so people can see a bit more about you and how you look... your interests.....)

• Like 2

Well, a couple of points here, Atlantis...

First, calm down.  Ranting and threatening LL is not going to solve the problem.  LL employees don't even read this forum.  All of us here are just Residents like you.

Besides,  you have no grounds to sue.  If you read the Terms of Service, you'll see that LL is not responsible for anything that happens to you, your inventory, or your account.  And you agreed to this when you checked the "Accept" box at the bottom of the TOS.

And even if you did have grounds to sue, a lawsuit costs a MINIMUM of $20,000 USD.  Don't you think it would be a lot cheaper to re-create or re-purchase your avatar?

With that out of the way, let's consider your problem.  You most likely have not lost your shape.  It's still in your inventory.  Open your inventory with CTRL+I, and if you can remember anything about its name, use the Search box at the top to look for it.  You can also browse through the folder Body Parts and see if you find it there.  If you deleted it, have a look in your Trash folder too.  Or, you may turn it up by looking in the Recent tab of your inventory.

If a thorough search of your inventory doesn't locate it, it's not the end of the world.  Making a pretty shape is easy, if a bit time-consuming.  Just right click your avatar and choose Appearance/Edit My Shape.  Play with the many sliders until you have a shape you like.  Save your work as you go, using different file names, so you can go back to a previous version if you mess things up.

If you bought your shape, and it was No Modify, go to your Dashboard page on this website.  Look at your $L Transaction history to find the place where you bought it.  Then go there and buy another copy.  Or if you bought it on the Marketplace, you can also find a transaction history in that section of the website.

Perhaps your shape was not a "classic" shape made with the Appearance controls.  You might have bought a Mesh body, a sort of rubber suit that you wear over your classic avatar shape.  Many of the "starter" avatars are Mesh.  You can find them, along with all the other starter avatars, in your Inventory.  Look in the folder Library\Clothing\Initial Outfits.  If you purchased a Mesh body, go back to the store.  They may have a "redelivery" terminal where you can get another copy.  At worst, you may have to re-purchase the body.

Stuff Happens, in Second Life just as in Real Life.  You only raise your blood pressure by allowing yourself to become angry and start blaming the world when a little crap gets flung your way.  Relax, and deal with it!

• Like 2

Take a look at the TOS (Section 1.5): " .... you agree that in the event of data loss, we will not be liable for any purported damage or harm arising therefrom. Linden Lab owns the bits and bytes of electronic data stored on its Servers, and accordingly will not be liable for any deletion, corruption or data loss that occurs in connection with the Service. Linden Lab will solely determine any disposition of the electronic data stored on its Servers and will have no obligation to reproduce, process, transfer, extract or recreate any data from its Servers."  We all lose assets from time to time.  That happens on the Internet.  That's why we try to remember to keep backups.  Even when we're careful, some things still get lost or corrupted.  Life happens.

Here's how to look for some missing things >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Lost_inventory

• Like 3

My my my, aren't we feeling empowered and entitled?

You've been in SecondLife and have learned nothing in the past 21 months? I truly find that hard to believe. Empty Profile, no evidence of social interaction? No picture of your hawtness. Mmmmmmm.

Yeah, suing for a $20.00 USD [my maximum guess] avatar makes a lot of sense. Besides giving up a clue to your real age and maturity, why don't you ask for help like your are suppose to:

Something like "Help! My avatar body has reverted to a default avatar. How do I find my purchased hot body?"

Well I'm glad you asked.

How about following the simple steps in this useful blog to get your Inventory database back in your viewer:

http://lagalleriasl.blogspot.com/p/recovering-lost-inventory.html

Carry on!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.