Cant fly using F

Sagezila

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I use firestorm, and for a few months now I have not been able to fly using the F button it got unbound or something somehow, and I can hold E or press the button but thats kinda annoying. Does anyone know how to make F make me fly agiain.

Edit: I already know about the WASD thing, Its already enabled. But F wont fly for me it used to work and one day it stopped.

Edit: 2 months and a fresh OS install later it still does not work :(

5 answers to this question

If you open Preferences >> General, you'll see a check box for Pressing Letter Keys....  If you are in WASD mode, the F key ought to work.  Having said that, I never use WASD mode myself, so when I want to fly I just hit the Home key or hold the PgUp key for a second.  That always works.

• Like 2

If you don't seem to be able to get the F key to enable flying and you are sure that you enabled WASD in Preferences, it's possible that you have assigned F to some other function -- either a gesture in SL or an app outside of SL altogether. If you can't find it, you still ought to be able to use Home or PgUp, which I always find preferable anyway.

Don't know that it was ever fixed but I had the same problem but have since fixed it.

What you need to do is open your inventory and search for "active" it will pull up all active gestures and for me at least there was a gesture that had the shortcut key of "E" and "F" which was the problem. After I deactivated the gestures it was all back to normal.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.