Can a avatar RP as 16/17 and pregnant or as a parent?

ViikaMisaMarie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been here for 5 years and never really had this question answered.

Can someone RP as 16/17 and pregnant or as a parent? Is 16-17 age play / child play or w.e its called?

Where i live (Canada) the legal age for sex is 16. Which is why i ask.

i understand 15 and under, but most 16+ in rl are having sex. 

3 answers to this question

Linden Lab has to abide by United States law, since it's based in California. Under 18 is still considered legally a minor in the US, and most states have their age of consent as 18, California being one of them. I'd say play it safe and just age the character up to 18 if you want them to be pregnant/a parent, it's not that much of a difference and it makes sure that you won't get in trouble with anyone.

• Like 1

Actually, 62% of the states set age of consent to 16  and in 41% of the states it is possible to legally consent to sex at the age of 14 by being within 2 years of a legal partner.  But it is correct that California is set at 18 and does NOT have a close in age provision.

The safe bet is to not role play a pregnancy of an under aged avatar.  You never know who might find it offensive and AR you and then it is up to the whim of which ever Linden picks up the ticket since there is no iron clad rule involved here.

• Like 2

Thank you very much. This was just a question i had for years. i dont rp as a teen on my main account which has children, but i do have a alt that i play as a kid.

the question was brought up because my friend who plays a teen bugged me to play one as well and my husband was worried about us being reported and blamed for sexual age play. so the youngest ill go is 18 if i ever choose to step down from my current age.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.