xRheax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar has not rezzed in a week or so, and I dont know why, I've tried anything and everything and nothing has fixed it. What would cause my avatar not to rez? and how can I fix it?

any help and answers will be appreciated,

xRheax Resident

3 answers to this question

Your avatar not rezzing is basically your avatars information not making it from the SecondLife servers to your computer, or the info in your computers cache being corrupted for whatever reason. The causes can be but are not limited to poor internet connection, too many programs running on your system, or your system not being able to handle SL well, just to name a few.

There are some steps you can take to alleviate your issue.

First, try resetting your router. Unplug it, plug it back in, restart your computer. Login.

When you do log in, try to go to a low lag area, try typing Smith, Pooley or Lime in the Start At window on the login screen. Open your Inventory > Recent tab and wait for it to stop fetching.

As a last resort, you can clear cache. The easy way to do this is simply to go to Me > preferences > and find a reset button or a clear cache button, depending on your viewer.

Logout, log back in.

Finally, you can manually clear your cache folder on your computer, which will reset all your settings to default and erase your saved chat logs if you don't copy and save them first.

Low performance pc

A laggy Region

Something you are wearing or attached to your Avatar (open inventory search WORN then remove items)

Graphics Card Drivers are not updated

An image or textures is not loading (see statistics bar and look for pending downloads)

Try:

Clearing your Cache

Visit an empty Region (moderate) and start removing everything you are wearing. If you do not appear try wearing one of the Outfits located in the Library section of your Inventory.

Place your mouse cursor on your Avatar and zoom in on your Avatar, wait 3 minutes, see if you appear.

An alternate Viewer

Discover "what" changed, when could you last see your Avatar.

xRheax wrote:

My avatar has not rezzed in a week or so, and I dont know why, I've tried anything and everything and nothing has fixed it. What would cause my avatar not to rez? and how can I fix it?

any help and answers will be appreciated,

xRheax Resident

Hi xRheax!  Sorry you are having problems.  Go to an emply region and take off attachments, hair, all high prim items.  Then wait for you AVA to load.  Also, set your graphics to low, and set your draw down to 50 meters.  Then wait.  If this don't work, you may need to to a character test.  Try this first, and let us know if it worked!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.