Accidently put on a RLV collar, now even after disabling rlv controls i cant take it off. helP?

xSkylarK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Put on a collar with a built in rlv that's restricted me to do pretty much anything. Owner refuses to take it off and even after disabling rlv controls(firestorm viewer) im still unable to take it off. also, coincidently having problems with loading avatar(tried almost all solutions for this alone.) Ill do pretty much anything to get the collar off, so what does it take?

2 answers to this question

Hi Skylark,

You have to restart the viewer after disabling RLV, did you do that?

If you did, and that didn't work, try the LL SL Viewer. That doesn't have RLV at all. And it's (I think) a good idea to have an emergency backup viewer at the ready for cases like this, and to help troubleshoot various oddities that may pop up.

Good luck!

• Like 4

1. Logoff
  2. Download the basic Linden Lab Viewer here.
  3. Start the viewer but DO NOT LOG IN.
  4. Click in the logon location field and type in "Rosedale."  (This sim does not allow scripts)
  5. Enter your name and password and finish logging in.
  6. Take off the collar
  7. Teleport home, to a sandbox or anywhere you are allowed to res objects.
  8. Drop the collar on the ground (to res it).  Delete any copies you have remaining in inventory.
  9. Right click the collar, go to edit mode, then reset the scripts.
  10. Pick up the collar and wear it. Use the Runaway safeword.  Check to make sure all owbers are cleared. If they are not, remove and delete the collar and all versions of the collar you may have.
  11. Once you have a blank collar, set yourself as primary owner.  Do this for any collar you ever have in the future.
  12. If a Dom or Domme tells you to make them primary owner, decline and find another Dom/me. 

Hope that helps

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.