SL like a painting... You frame it!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you Sylvia! Actually it's no big deal, lol, right time right place in SL and some photoshopping (and googleling for the frame!) and here you go! You should try getting Photoshop Elements (it's a basic version of the professional program but yet a very good starter). I cannot remember right now if it is free or not, but in any case you can download a 30 days trial version from Adobe website. Once you start playing with it, you are hooked! :smileyvery-happy:

• Like 1

L_Untouched.jpg

L_Pastel.jpg

L_Fragment.jpg

L_Stylize.jpg

Sylvia Tamalyn wrote:

How in the world did you do that, Valerie? I admit I know nothing about these things (I can't even slap a frame on a photo), but I would love to be able to make pics into paintings like that!

GIMP is a free program that you can do almost anything with but it has a (IMHO) steep learning curve.  http://www.gimp.org/

I just did the above pictures using another free program, Paint.Net.  It is pretty simple/user friendly.  Top picture is the original.  Took me maybe 10, 15 minutes to do the three edited shots.  http://www.paint.net/

• Like 2

Wildcat Furse wrote:

WOOT!!! thx for the 'paint.net' tip .... looks really promising :smileyvery-happy: *meows*

It really is a nice basic editing program.  Pretty straight forward and intuitive.  The oil paint function isn't up to snuff with photoshop but otherwise most of the special effects are pretty good.  Best thing about it is Free. :)

If you don't mind spending a little bit of money, Pixelmator is worth looking in to. It is a decent program, Mac only, which opens and saves Photoshop files. It has layers, layer grouping possibilities, all the filter you need, and a lot more. Check the Mac App store for info.

Gimp, as was mentioned above, also works on the Mac. AND it is free!

- Luc -

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.