use my avatars to make images for a game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

use my avatars to make images for a game

can i do this as i make games as a hoby i don't make them for money there are free games

would i have to contact the makers of my avatars and the items

to ask if it was ok it is hard to find images to use for some prjects

You should probably ask the creators of the products if you're planning to export specific designs from Second Life. I'm not a lawyer but if I were in their position, that's the expectation I'd have.

If the styles are clearly recognisable and/or distinctive, it might not be too difficult for creators to claim you're making invalid use of the license given to you when you purchase their intellectual property. While legally you might be fine (again, not a lawyer) it'd be pretty rough seeing hours of your 3D development exported into another environment without permission.

This came up in the Machinima forum not long ago.

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Machinima-Forum/Question-about-copyright/m-p/2943692

The best answer was given by Griffin Ceawlin who quoted the relevant part of the TOS

2.5 You also grant Linden Lab and other users of the Service a license to use in snapshots and machinima your Content that is displayed In-World in publicly accessible areas of the Service.

You agree that by uploading, publishing, or submitting any Content to or through the Servers for display Inworld in any publicly accessible area of the Service, you hereby grant other users a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to photograph, capture an image of, film, and record a video of the Content, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the resulting photograph, image, film, or video in any current or future media as provided in and subject to the restrictions and requirements of our Snapshot and Machinima Policy. The foregoing license is referred to as the "Snapshot and Machinima Content License."

http://www.lindenlab.com/tos#tos2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3205 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.