The Metaverse Courier - New Second Life News Publication

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Folks.

I am a young twenty-something year old creative writing and journalism student from Cambridge, England. 

I have been in Second life since 2006 and have mostly enjoyed having fun and well, persuing a much deserved and needed Second Life. I have experince working in Second life as a photographer and writer for the now vanished OMG! Magazine but most recently I have decided to start up a small newspaper myself which I have called "The Metaverse Courier" and it's first edition although very small is now finished and live at themetaversecourier.net and is all proof checked and ready for you to read and enjoy.

I am currently looking for enthusiastic and likeminded indivduals who may be interested in helping me take this project further. I see a real potential for such a publication in Second Life following the demise of the simllar publication known as The Metaverse messenger some years ago.

If you feel you have soemthing to give to the Metaverse Messenger be it that your a writer, photographer or anything really then please do get in touch with me in world or reply to this thread.

Wayne Bohemia wrote:

Hi Folks.

I am a young twenty-something year old creative writing and journalism student from Cambridge, England. 

I have been in Second
life
since 2006 and have mostly enjoyed having fun and well,
persuing
a much deserved and needed Second Life. I have
experince
working in Second life as a photographer and writer for the now vanished OMG! Magazine but most recently I have decided to start up a small newspaper myself which I have called "The Metaverse Courier" and
it's
first edition although very small is now finished and live at
 and is all
proof checked
and ready for you to read and enjoy.

I am currently looking for enthusiastic and likeminded indivduals who may be interested in helping me take this project further. I see a real potential for such a publication in Second Life following the demise of the simllar publication known as The Metaverse messenger some years ago.

If you feel you have soemthing to give to the Metaverse Messenger be it that your a writer, photographer or anything really then please do get in touch with me in world or reply to this thread.

I hope it's proofed better than your post. Maybe you should consider getting a grammar/spellchecker if you want to retain a smidgeon of credibility?

Yeah, Chad. I know mate. It is just the same with a lot of Second Life residents these days, thinking they are better than everybody else. Actually, I was typing the comment on my iPhone with one hand, hence the small number of inaccurate spellings and grammar mistakes.

Let me explain, I have a disability where I completely lost my right hand due to a serious childhood accident in which there was severe negligence involved. I use speech recognition software mostly when on the computer. And you are MR PERFECT RIGHT?

Actually, let me make a serious point. We all have issues here right? Why else would we all be exploring and using a virtual world for several hours each day running businesses and the like unless we were mentally ill, retarded, disabled for whatever reason it may be.

Any NORMAL person would just be doing this stuff inside the real world anyway. So, what is your diagnosis then Chad?
Despite my issues and challenges in life, i'm just trying like everybody else. I strangely accept your comments but just make sure that you have the correct facts before you judge and attempt to put down others in future.

Chad, You aren't as clever as you make out. You missed a lot of my other errors. Who is the idiot now then, aye?

Hi, Folks.
I am a young twenty-something-year-old creative writing and journalism student from Cambridge, England.
I have been in Second Life since 2006 and have mostly enjoyed having fun and well, pursuing a much deserved and needed Second Life. I have experience working in Second life as a photographer and writer for the now vanished OMG! Magazine but most recently I have decided to start up a small newspaper myself which I have called "The Metaverse Courier" and the first edition although very small is now finished and live at themetaversecourier.net and is all proof checked and ready for you to read and enjoy.
I am currently looking for enthusiastic and like-minded individuals who may be interested in helping me take this project further. I see a real potential for such a publication in Second Life following the demise of the similar publication known as The Metaverse messenger some years ago.
If you feel you have something to give to the Metaverse Messenger be it that you're a writer, photographer or anything really then please do get in touch with me in world or reply to this thread.

Wayne Bohemia wrote: We all have issues here right? Why else would we all be exploring and using a virtual world for several hours each day running businesses and the like unless we were mentally ill, retarded, disabled for whatever reason it may be.

Speak for yourself. I don't bother going inworld, just descending on the forums every now and again when I am extremely bored with giving GCHQ a hand with their problems so I can feel superior to a different bunch of lamebrainers.

• Administrators

Hey guys!

Let's please keep this discussion civil and on topic.

I have moved this thread from the section you posted this originally (Land Forum > General Discussion) to a more appropriate section (Creation Forum > Art, Music and Photography). This is to ensure that your post gets viewed by other Residents that are searching for topics such as this one.

Sincerely,

Kristin Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.