Sometimes other avatars look blurry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've recently started having an issue with inworld photos. There have been a few instances of shooting with friends where I will come out looking really sharp, almost popping out of scene, but my friend standing not far from me will come out slightly blurry.  What causes this? Is there a setting in the viewer that delegates resources?

This occurred with SL Viewer 3. I have not tried it in Singularity yet.

Please have a more informed response than "use Firestrom," as Firestrom is not the end all for every system.

Hi Jeff,

I can think of two reasons for what you've described.

1) You have DOF (Depth Of Field) enabled and set to a small value. This will cause objects closer or farther from the camera than you (when you are the focus of the shot) to be out of focus. The degree to which this happens is dependent on the DOF setting. If only avatars are out of focus, DOF probably isn't your problem.

2) You are having connection problems that cause other avatars baked appearances to be incompletely loaded. This will get worse on crowded sims, as there's much more data being communicated between your viewer and the SL servers. Nalates Urriah has numerous suggestions for improving connection quality here...

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.