Post snapshots to your my.secondlife.com profile feed!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

You may already know that you have a profile feed at my.secondlife.com (a la Facebook, Twitter... "social media" stuff)

For example, mine's @ https://my.secondlife.com/torley.linden

But did you know you can post snapshots to it? (See mine for example!)

6419389723_1ddb9f4f1d_o.png

Post to My Profile Feed is one of my fave features. If you want to get in on the fun:

1. Download the latest Second Life Viewer. (3.2.4 or newer.)
  2. Select World menu > Snapshot (or use Ctrl+Shift+S, the ol' snapshot shortcut).
  3. Click Post to My Profile Feed.
  4. Enter an appropriate caption and click Post!

In seconds, your snapshot should end up on your feed.

Got feedback? Questions? Bug reports? I'll be sharing those with our social team. Feel free to post here for the record, but I'll be more actively watching my profile feed so come on over. :)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tamara Artis wrote:

You can post them on Flickr:)

And if you want to post them on your feed and nowhere else, than upload that texture in SL, create a huge board, apply your pic on it, make board full bright, zoom in nicely, make a snapshot of that board and post it to your feed;) 

Cool...nice workaround, thanks :)

Tamara Artis wrote:

You can post them on Flickr:)

And if you want to post them on your feed and nowhere else, than upload that texture in SL, create a huge board, apply your pic on it, make board full bright, zoom in nicely, make a snapshot of that board and post it to your feed;) 

Thanks... But... Aren't snapshots limited to 512 x 512 resolution, 1972 style?

Why are you quoting yourself and repeating your own question? Any why you posted url instead of a snapshot? The thread is about snapshots not urls... And why you want to see your own url? lol 

Go to my.secondlife.com click on your name (top left, above Home). There you have different fields, all below your profile photo. And it says: Feed, About, Pics, Groups. Stay on the Feed one. Below "Share something" in tiny green letters you will read: All, Snapshots, Posts. Choose one you want to see. I saw you posted an url and Wrote"Here is a picture of Cinnamon and myself from lat night °͜°" 

Hope its clear enough....

• 1 month later...

emmettcullen93 wrote:

is there a button for that in third party viewers? such as phoniex and firestorm?

I don't think so Emmett. However in Firestorm, there is an option to post to your Flickr (not sure about Phoenix though) which does not exist in the official viewer.

valerie Inshan wrote:

emmettcullen93 wrote:

is there a button for that in third party viewers? such as phoniex and firestorm?

I don't think so Emmett. However in Firestorm, there is an option to post to your Flickr (not sure about Phoenix though) which does not exist in the official viewer.

see that is what i was mainly wondering when reading this. was if there was a way to do it in all the viewers. now the flickr with firestorm sounds rad awesome. but i dont like firestorm that much. just to add items to mp store. now i know i can get onto my secondlife.com from the website just click a few links from the forums here.  and another side question how to i take a pic of the website to post here. like my mysecondlife.com feed. idk what im doing. hehe. but anyways i think there should be a way to post to the mysecondlife feed from the phoniex viewer just an idea to pose we all know ideas some are good some are bad. idk what mine is yet. hehe. :)

Emmett, you can take snapshots of part or all of your screen (i.e. your secondlife.com feed page as you mentioned) using a free and user friendly tool such as PC Screen Capture (or Capture Me for mac)

http://www.pcscreencapture.com/

http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/captureme/

Save your snapshots as JPEG files and post them here as you do with your other pictures. :smileyhappy:

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.