Mentor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for someone who would be willing to take me under their wing, and help me learn photography. I have been in SL a long time and have recently started over and am wanting to focus on learning to do things in SL besides shop. If interested let me know :)

Hi Piper,

My name is 0THELLA, I'm the editor of MAGE Magazine and I invite you and any one else interested in Second Life photography to join our group. My personal experience in SL is that working alone can be very frustrating but working with a group allows me to improve at a much faster rate because group members often help with advice such as how to de-render objects in the background or providing SLURLs for the most photogenic landscapes they have discovered in SL, or what clothing designers produce the most detailed and photogenic costumes.

I joined Second Life little over a year ago and found that working with other artists like Sizzelle, DaniellaT, Lucas Wakefield, Roxaane Fyanucci, Ozymandius King and fellow builder Andressa DePrims has helped me to learn a lot about SL photography, machinima and building.

If interested in joining here are some links and you can also send me a notecard.

http://0zymandius.wix.com/magemagazine

https://my.secondlife.com/groups/d3a0f7bb-8e5f-4775-46f2-584f6295f362?username=0thella

To show you how much I've improved with MAGE Magazine here is an early example of my work from when I first started experimenting with SL photography

And here are more recent examples

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2910 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.