I am sure this is simple enough I could figure it out but I am going to be lazy and ask here.

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to create a picture, of me sitting on both ends of a couch, or maybe a log, or a windowsill, that isn't important. What is important is that I am in the picture twice, so it looks like I am sitting next to myself. To do this I need to take two pictures, and splice them together so the seam is invisable. That part is easy I can do that, the issue, is that whenever I move the camera angle changes and so the perspective of the two pictures will be different, the seam between the two pictures will be obvious. I need to be able to take a picture of myself on one end of the couch, then move to the other end of the couch, but have the camera stay perfectly still. I suspect it's something easy to do, and I probably can find it myself, but I bet someone somewhere out there knows how to do this and can tell me,

Thanks

I had thought of this after I posted this, and I already have the alt, I had created her to be a model but I could make her the photographer. The moving the couch under the prim thing wont work becasue it has me in the same spot in each picture and the couch moves and changes perspective, and besides i want the poses to be different which it wouldnt be if i was just sitting on a prim. i still think there must be a way to lock the camera in place so it does not move when i do. I guess I have to play around with the controls and find it.

Put your two invisible cushion objects with your 2 sit poses at the ends of the bernch, make sure the default leftclick action is 'sit', stand by the bench, alt-cam on the middle of the bench, so your cam is aimed at it, rotate and translate and zoom the camera using the controls on the camera controls popup of your UI to get the bench framed how you want.

Left click seat one, snapshot to disk, stand,  click seat 2, snapshot to disk, stand, alt-tab to photoshop, load your saved to disk pics, splice, job done...

• Scenario 1: Work with three photos; the couch and your two avatars, cut them all out of their backgrounds and put together in a new photo;
  • Scenario 2: Place an invisible prim in the middle and above the couch, focus the camera on that prim. Sit, move around, do whatever you need, your camera will stay focused (if this is not the case then you'll have to play with the preferences in your viewer - Move and view menu I think);
  • Scenario 3: If you are using Firestorm viewer, take a look at the "Cameratools" in the Toolbar buttons menu; it has the option to store current camera view and load it later. 

I hope I helped ;)

Today I was doing something else, building a wall in my apartment, and I linked two prims, and when i did that I noticed when i walked after the camera didnt follow me, so i turned the cammera over to my couch and sat on one end, took a pic and moved to the other and took another. It worked, this isnt the pic i wanted because I want two different outfits and the outfits arn't ready, but now I have the technique i can use, even if it is kinda odd. Here is my test shot.

• 1 month later...

That is an easy one. You can use a camera preset add-on. There's some on the marketplace that aren't terribly expensive but worth every Linden IMO.Tamara also pointed out something similar that is built into the FS viewer. I personally have not used that one but I have heard good things about it. Hope that helps!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2017 at 2:23 AM, Talligurl said:

Here is my test shot.

Did you forget to post the test shot?

Interesting problem/I have no idea but love the discussion. 

@Talligurl I saw your name in the Kulitvate Magazine as exhibiting in Spring 2017 Art Show....and will be back there later today so will look out for you.

36 minutes ago, CheriColette Resident said:

Did you forget to post the test shot?

Interesting problem/I have no idea but love the discussion. 

@Talligurl I saw your name in the Kulitvate Magazine as exhibiting in Spring 2017 Art Show....and will be back there later today so will look out for you.

No, I posted it, it seems the photos posted before the reworked the forums have gone missing, and yes I am in the Spring Art Show, I am excited about it, and happy to hear you are going to check out my work.

8 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

You could dress yourself and an alt as identical twins and just sit yourselves together. :SwingingFriends: for example.

That would be expensive, to buy another Maitreya body, 3 to 4 hundred linden worth of tattoos, and all that gold on may face, Not to mention the likely impossible task of duplicating my classic head, which I got back in July of 2015 as a promotional deal, and which as far as I can tell is no longer available.

On 07/04/2017 at 10:47 AM, Talligurl Resident said:

No, I posted it, it seems the photos posted before the reworked the forums have gone missing, and yes I am in the Spring Art Show, I am excited about it, and happy to hear you are going to check out my work.

OKay, yes...I see why its not here then (the photo)

I saw your work. My favourite was the cross one. Im not religious but its a powerful image and relates well to how 'we' feel about fashion and SL. The colours  you used are dramatic.I was distracted from the 'palate hunt' too  ') 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.