How to sell pics?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey,

Would someone be able to quickly explain step-by-step how to privately sell pics to other users?

I run a personal business and I recently expanded to selling photos.

I know there are tutorials and stuff out there but I've been seeing all different ways, so I would appreciate a clear explanation!

Thank you!

Laiken

You've been seeing all different ways because there are loads of ways to sell things.

• 4 months later...

Rolig.

I have a set of my own screenshots from online gaming(very high end pc), mostly vehicles etc. Now I wanted to set them all for sale inside a rotating picture prim. I found that only a friend or group user could purchase the picture, all the others didn't see an option to open the prim to buy single contents and no sale option displayed using the edit/content tab.

Do I need to locate a texture vendor? So far all I have found is expensive vendors that limit the amount of textures for sale so you need to buy more vendors, I'm not doing that.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Lee.

Yes, if you are going to put several items into a prim and let buyers choose among them, you need to script the prim as a multi-item vendor.  The script will ideally let you set a different price for each item and will let the buyer see what she is choosing before she agrees to pay for it.  I don't know what you consider expensive, but you ought to be able to find a multi-vendor off the shelf for L$1000 or less.  If you want a scripter to write a custom one for you, the price will be higher and will depend on how many bells and whistles you want.  Once you have the script, of course, you can use it over and over again to build yourself a mansion full of vendor objects.

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.