Corel Draw X6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today Corel Draw X6 didn’t open a .cdr file I was working with. After that, the program itself also stopped working normal. A new window opens small, and cannot increase or collapse; Nothing happens, even I just press the "Cancel" in this window. All my cdr files doesn’t open. This happens even when turned off virus protection, Windows Firewall, and even when running in safe mode. I tried to reinstall it, de-install the patch with an update. How to recover corrupted corel draw file and program?

Hi, I presume you mean CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 and NOT technical Suite? If nothing seems to work I would then do as follows.

Uninstall CorelDRAW X6 via Control Panel

After uninstalling X6 in the Control Panel - Go BACK to the Control Panel and uninstall "Corel Graphics - Windows Shell Extension".

Then go to Documents > Corel folder > Uninstall/Delete anything that says CorelDRAW X6

You can also go to C: > Program > Corel and delete anything that says CorelDRAW X6

Repeat step 4, but choose folder called Programx86, and delete anything that says CorelDRAW X6

You should now have uninstalled everything that usually could disturb when you re-install from scratch.

NOW put in your DVD again with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 - and INSTALL from Scratch.

You SHOULD now be able to run your CorelDRAW X6.

And NOW you should go online to corel.com and download and install Update/service pack and Hotfix for CorelADRAW Graphics Suite X6 It should in all normal situations work just fine on your PC with any Windows 7 version as well as any Windows 8 and 8.1 version.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.