Any Tips on my photography business?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1. Raise your prices. Cheap makes people think photos are not worth, it will attract people who will ask only for good deal and not respect your time and effort;
  2. My photos cost all same. Packages mean you work more for less;
  3. Advertise;
  4. Upload only small size jpg photos on your website - it will be easier to load once you manage to put more examples;
  5. Put more examples;
  6. Make a profile on every website you can find;
  7. Chose one or 2 social sites and be active there;
  8. Try to connect with your customers. In any way you can handle;
  9. Try to shoot other people, not just your own avatar. If you can't find other people then make your avatar to look different;
  10. Do pile-ups from time to time (really, really good way of getting out there);
  11. Write your Terms of Service and stick to it;
  12. Advertise more. 

Good luck :) 

• 1 month later...

SI am an artist, I make and sell virtual paintings, which are just SL photos that have benn manipulated with a computer program to look like paintings. My advice is, talk to people. I don't have exact statistics but I would guess close to 90 percent of my sales come from people I have personally spoken with. Get out explore, say hi to the people you see, look for opportunities to have conversations, after all lots of people are here to meet people so most will welcome this, the ones that don'T, that is thier problem. Once they ask what you like to do in SL, tell them about your business. It's great to have a MP store or an I world store to share with them, Go there with them and talk it up. True this isn't the dream business that you set up and just sit back while the sales role in, but that really is just a dream.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.