Sex animations for sale in public area on moderate sim - "legal"?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I figured this was the best place to ask as I am guessing there are some adult animation folks here.

Is it CURRENTLY OK with the TOS  to have very obvious sex animation furniture for sale -- say in a public event venue -- in a MODERATE sim?  And either way can you point me to the page that talks about that. Google is NOT being helpful tonight.

Just a discussion and I always like to find the official source and not rely on "personal info" :D

Thanks.

Well, the "official word" includes this:

"Residents in these spaces should therefore expect to see a variety of themes and content. Stores that sell a range of content that includes some "sexy" clothing or objects can generally reside in Moderate rather than Adult regions. Dance clubs that feature "burlesque" acts can also generally reside in Moderate regions as long as they don't promote sexual conduct, for instance through pose balls (whether in "backrooms" or more visible spaces). However if any of these businesses uses adult-oriented search tags, the region may be categorized as Adult and blocked from appearing in non-Adult search."

I've highlighted a couple of phrases that might be helpful. The language is suitably ambiguous about what sorts of "sexy" objects can generally reside in a Moderate region, but it is rather specific about how the business is allowed to advertize. I don't know how much this clarifies matters, but it's probably the most solid guidance you're going to have.  I'm not aware of anything more definitive.

Thanks Rolig. I had read that bit and agree it is beyond ambiguous except that you can't advertise :D. Sounds to me like you could read it either way LOL.  Thought there might be something more concrete out there.

I guess I am not too surprised.  Since I am not in charge in any way I guess I won't worry about it though I have to admit the spelling things out a bit more clearly would be good.  It seems like selling sex furniture with demos on the floor is kinda promoting sexual conduct.

Appreciate it.

I just thought of something --- a year or so ago I did a lot of research about having adult furniture in a residence on the same plot where a business was located. There are NUMEROUS rules on that (or were then - things change maybe) and you had to have a controled landing point to the business as well as not having you avatars being able to be seen by other sims.  This was on a moderate sim.

So THAT info leads me to believe that you pretty obviously couldn't legally have sex furniture in your store that people could try out :D. Or perhaps there are simply rules against working and playing on the same plot!   

That sounds like the Lab's "Behind Closed Doors" policy regarding adult items in Mature sims.

Locked down parcel, vision turned off, and so on. I think from memory it also says Private use.

It's in the community standards documents.

I don't know enough details on the event to know if they are stretching this policy.

My business partner and I make a lot of sex animation furniture and toys (she does the animations and I do the scripts).

What Rolig says concurs with what's always been my understanding -- based on frequent discussions with Blondin Linden way back when the Adult/Moderate distinction was first created -- that we're OK selling our stuff on Moderate regions so long as we are careful about the search terms we use in our adverts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.