[SOLVED] Animations, long list of problems

NeevaBecketEmagan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I'm trying to make some animations here, and so far I didn't get any result :/

I have the Bento and the old model in DAE format (downloaded from the Wiki).

When I make an animation in Blender and export to BHV, the bone orientation is messed up. I tried to change the rotation of the armature (I have this problem when I make models for Unity with Blender), checked the option "Root Translation Only". No way to make it work. I tired several solutions I've found, including some scripts, but everything gives an error. I'm using the latest version of Blender and, no, Avastar isn't an option (I don't have money).

Tried it with Maya, same bone mess problem.

Then I went to DAZStudio, importeds the old CR2 file for the old skeleton, made an animation, exported with the "Second Life Compatibility" checked, and it worked.

So I tried to import the Bento model into DAZ. I made a mesh that resembles an skeleton, and created the bones with the Figure Setup (I have the 4.9 PRO, so I have the CCTools). But I don't know yet where I made a mistake, because it doesn't work as well. Only the old CR2 imported into DAZStudio can make animations.

I'm stuck here for three days now trying to make a simple tail animation for an avatar -_-

When I made animations for Cloud Party in Blender they had to go through an online "rearranging" tool in order to work, so "not you" :D.

This gal wrote a whole lot (maybe last summer) on renaming bones in Blender so that you could upload directly. I didin't try it as I use the old Qavimator. But if you dig down in her stream or write a note on one of her posts I bet she can lead you to the info.

Good luck. 

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+VbinniaRadek

Thank you a lot, Chic.

I readed her posts and found the solution. I was in the track (setting different rotation to the armature in Blender), but I haven't found the right axis rotation that need to be made. I made a test without renaming the bones and it worked.

The specific information I found in this post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+VbinniaRadek/posts/HeJTq7f7YCb

Now I can go back to my unicorn \o/ And sleep without nightmares :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.