Problem with guitar player animations

Fennet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have several animated guitars purchased on the marketplace. I think the animations are very nice, but there are glaring problems. The avatar body intersects the guitar, mainly, causing varying degrees of both the guitar and the body parts disappearing into the interacting object.

Some of this may be because I use a rather small avatar. The visual glitch that bothers me the most is that my clothes are almost always visible through the guitar's soundhole. Without building a new guitar and adding an opaque soundhole, I can't think of any way to solve this issue.

Is it possible, (has it been done?), to make a set of guitar animations that don't display this intersecting of guitar and avatar? Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm willing to attempt a lot of things, but animating is, alas, beyond my capabilities at this point.

I would definitely be interested in purchasing better guitar playing animations, both standing and sitting down. I haven't found any on the market that satisfy.

That's virtually impossible.  Your avatar's body is phantom with respect to its own attachments.  If that were not the case, the physics engine would go absolutely nuts dealing with a constant barrage of collisions.

You can build attachments and create animations that will usually avoid intersecting the av body, but it's impossible to predict all of the strange body sizes and shape that your creations will be used on.  It's also impossible to anticipate all of the other things that people may be wearing and the strange positions that other animations will put them in. The best you can hope is that your creations will work for most "normal" avatars under most "normal" conditions. It's one of the endearing features of a virtual world created by thousands of (mostly) amateur creators working independently.

• Like 1

I rather thought it might be impossible. Some of the quieter animations don't merge the body and guitar to any great degree, but the head banging and stomping around ones do. I'll look for a nice restrained sit-and-strum HUD, that should do it.

Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.