Prejump AO timing

Teflonhotpocket

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The amount of time an avatar spends in pre-jumping depends on how long it's prejumping animation is set for. When the prejumping animation is over, the avatar will automatically continue into the jumping animation.

If you replace an avatar's prejumping with llSetAnimationOverride, it must be an animation that ends on it's own. If the animation loops endlessly, you'll get stuck in pre-jumping and never actually jump.

I haven't tested if there are upper or lower bounds, but so long as the animation is <2.0 seconds, it should automatically move into the jumping animation when it's over, without needing to time it.

It's a short none looped animation, I've tried adjusting the length, the frame rate, the easing, I've tried BVH, ANIM. No matter what I adjust or mess with it always glitches out and freezes up between the pre jump and jump, I tested the landing, and its the same with that as well. It plays the prejump, pauses (and goes to the default animation) for a second, then proceeds onto the jump animation. During the landing, it goes smoothly from the jump to the land, at the end of the landing animation it does the same thing in that it pause/glitches. It's starting to drive me insane at this point because I've exhausted all I can think to change, you are the first person for days now to even respond after posting here, asking in various chat groups, asking random people I know who do animations.

It's obviously something on my end that I'm doing wrong, it's probably something obvious I'm just not seeing, and I'm goin nuts because this one thing is completely holding up a large project.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, congates on experiencing the mess LL made with its system animation priorities when they updated their system anims :).  I prefure to use the standard sl pre jump and landing as the main base of those animations...and just change arms legs slightly...as the transition from prejump to your animated jump is smooth this way.  If you want to continue with what your doing..then maybe set your pre and landing anims to run for 2-3 seconds and make them -1 priority to your jump.

Good luck :).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.