Poser: Animation looks fine in Poser timeline but not in SL

Garnethia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

I just started to make animations and came to problem, which I hope can be solved.

I have made an animation with 480 frames... with basically two major poses within those 480 frames. If i look at the timeline in poser...the movements between those poses look great. But if i look at the timeline in second life in the preview while uploading....the arms are not where they are supposed to be in comparison to poser. The strange thing is... when i only use two keyframes and look in the preview....the basic poses also look good in second life. But if i use more keyframes to make the movements better... the problem appears.

I also looked at the basic poses in SL to see if the error is with the poses itself. But the two basic poses look

alright.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Does it have to do with the interpolation?

I am looking forward to your answers!

There are 2 key factors that could be influencing your animation. Please forgive me if I'm wrong in anyway, as it has been a while since I've used Poser. The first factor is the 1st and 2nd frames of the animation. The first frame is the positional frame for SL. The 2nd frame determine if you want to animate a bone. If your 1st and 2nd frame of a bone, are exactly the same, then the bone will not be animated in SL.

2nd key factor is interpolation. In Poser, the default, is a bezier curve, I think, which is an interpolation that rounds out every keyframe. Generally, this is what you want, but you need more keyframes to form the proper curves with it. You could change the interpolation to linear, which will be easiler to work with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.