Making animations with 3ds max?

Psistorm Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having just now updated to max 2017 and preparing to launch a major avatar project, I'm curious about this. Is there ANY way for me to create animations in max and have them import to SL? I don't much mind using converters or third party apps, I just would very much like to be able to use max to create the actual animation, rather than blender, since converting a custom model and rig over to blender has been giving me some issues in the past, and with a more complex rig/animation goal, that might quickly turn into a small nightmare.

• 1 month later...

Seconding this! Sorry for not much of a contribution but from what I can gather from a couple of days of searching for the answer to this question the current pipeline for the normal (Current) SL avatar is:

Make animation in 3dsmax as usual

Export to Motionbuilder > Export as BVH

Use a program called BVHacker to adapt to the SL Skeleton (There's some youtube videos on this step)

The only issue now is with the addition of the new bento bones; BVHacker does not support those bones for import or export and is no longer supported or being updated by the creator. For those of us (Like me!) who are looking for a solution without having to turn to Blender or Maya to upload animations for Bento - I'd also like to tack that question onto the end of yours...

Is there a new pipeline for Bento? Any 3rd party exporters being worked on specifically for this?

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.