Customizable HUD to trigger animations?

LouiseLareau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all

Sorry in advance for the newbie question - I'd like to be able to trigger a set of animations (that I've collected in my inventory) individually via a HUD. Can anyone offer advice on the process and required product(s) (eg a customizable HUD) to do this, or point me to a tutorial?

The animations are mostly a series of martial arts moves that I'd like to be able to trigger easily during roleplay - just for effect rather than as part of a combat 'system.' I have an AO for regular movement etc, but just want to be able to load a HUD for the combat animations occassionally.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

That's what a basic AO does, so you ought to be able to take any empty AO ( a Zhao II, or the built-in AO in the Firestorm viewer) and load it up with your animations.  Load a collection of alternative "stand" animations or "walk" animations and switch among them manually.  Or you could post in the InWorld Employment forum to attract a scripter to write a customized AO with buttons that do the triggering.  Failing that, you can of course just double click on any anim in your inventory to open its control panel on your screen.  Put several of your favorites there, and then just click them on or off at will with the "Play Inworld" and "Stop" buttons.  I used to do that all the time, back in my dancing days.  It's cheap and easy.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the helpful reply! I'll experiment with the firestorm AO to begin with :)

I had the idea that there might be a customizable HUD (with a 'button interface') where I could possibly pair the animations with existing buttons and start/stop them that way, but haven't been able to find anything like that in the marketplace.

Thanks again!

Yeah, AO's are a lousy way to use anims for things like martial arts, they are not made for selecting quickly and easily an anim to play now on the spot, a better option is a dance hud, which is basically that you found on the MP, but with asskicking instead of dancing.

Another option is the humble "gesture", which you can make your self by right clicking on a folder in your inventory and choosing 'new gesture', can be triggered by chat commands, and uses no scripts,

There's a gesture several people I know have called 'Pony-Fu', which plays a martial arts roundhouse kick anim, with loud thump noises timed to match the kicks, and a chat message  where the user "delivers pony-fu for you... Hai!" 

Just make sure the priority of your ninja moves anims is higher than your ao, or turn the ao off, so the kickass moves play properly.

Dutchie makes a nice hud like that and I am guessing there are others on the marketplace so a little searching should get you what you need.  ALSO, check the role play sims and chat up some folks; they would be the prime users I would think.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.