Bento Face Animation&custom shapes problem

KokaiNe666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I need help about play anim-s & sceleton reset.

Who knows how to solve the problem of "return" skeleton on its position after the animation, which contains the translatins? Here's an example how to insert these commands to my Anim-s HUD? - 

I Use BVH format for export face animations and have some bones, such as - for example the tonque that can be TRANS.

And blender such settings - 

Please Help....

Sounds like you need to script your hud to play a 'kill anim' after it stops the expressions, to put everything back where it belongs.

Sort of 

if menuoption = "pretzel"

currentanim = "pretzel head pri 4"

else if menuoption = "stop"

currentanim = "reset head pri 4"

Then your script can go off and to its timer event based periodic refresh of 'currentanim'

EDIT: If i remember right, importing bvh's with bone rotates/translates drops those bones? so make a reset pose that uses very very small values for rotate and/or translate, too small to be readily seen so it really does pose all the needed bones ALMOST back where they belong

KokaiNe666 wrote:

And yet - if I do the animation for the bone rezet -That they rezet stanadart in the shape of a skeleton. And it means that the user who has changed the shape of the face - to lost this shape. How to deal with this?

No, editing their face/body shape is a matter of dials in the shape file they wear under your mesh, resetting bone translates/rotates doesnt affect that at all, just the pose their shape is currently in, the shape of your face is no more likely to alter when resetting the pose, than when applying one, smiling doesn't make your nose grow, frowning wont make it shrink...

In the chat avastar told me that "translating" can not be used in the animation. And only need to "rotate" the bones. I understand there are two ways to solve the problem - 1. Do not use the translation and make animation "reset" and 2. That's what you say, that reset "pose" But how? I could not understand unfortunately ... (

Umm... I don't make poses for SL, but...

Translation in a pose file is common, ever seen those AO's that have people walking in circles while their name stays still? Avatar root is left in place, and the pelvis and all child bones are translated around in a circle, while animated with rotations. or those 'backflip poses, that work by translating one of the bones in your body rig upwards then doing the rotations.

Who ever told you in Avastar chat, that poses cannot 'translate' a portion of a rig, seems to have got it wrong

There are pose makers here who could help you more

• 2 weeks later...

I might be wrong, but i believe that is the way is supposed to work, in fact, its always been like that: Previously your limbs and head would return to its normal state (the internal SL animations every avatar has) because there were animations controling these bones underneath. But the additional bones do not have these underneath animations.

So lets say you play a closed fist animation. The animation is not looped and ends, but for you, remains closed. Other avatar arrives and sees you. He sees you open-handed. you see yourself close-handed. Why? Because that avatar does not know which animation you were playing to close your fist.

Solution? Many. Again, Its not an error in short:

1: Wait for second life to decide if they want to add "underneath" system animations for facial poses and hands, which anyway would be a bother for custom avatar meshes, since they would be returned to wrong places. I really doubt second life will do anything about this.

2: Do it the pro way: Create your custom, underneath rest poses. 2 frame, loopable animations (remember they are two frame because you need the 1st reference frame). Animation must loop on the 2nd frame, with your rest poses. Upload them with minimum priority (1? 0? cant remember).  then play your non loopable animations (with higher priority) and voila! Your hand or face will return to its default place when stoped, and both you and other avatars will see you as you should.

Again, I might be wrong, but i have a real feeling this is not an issue but the way its supposed to work.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.