Animating individual bodyparts.

StiX Harvey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi peepz,

Though not new to building and modelling im totally new to animations so thought i would try using Daz 3d. 

Very happy with the results so far but i was wondering how you animate lets say just the head for a headspin without affecting the rest of the AV.

I tried this and although the headspin looks good the rest of AV is in TPose during the animation... wherebye i would like the rest of av to be doing whatever its doing in SL.

Sorry if this is total noob question, i have looked around before asking this but i havent seen the answer yet and i bet its so simple.

Well after all settings set to zero its still acting same way going into tpose and animating head.  I tried using a standard stand pose from sl by importing the bvh file and then animating headspin and it came out fine in sl ...  the CR2 file when imported into daz seems to have tpose with feet pointing slightly downwards and some hip and wrist settings just slightly off too .

The tutorials i have seen on utube which i think amounted to two in all never mention this.  But like i say its great if you want to animate whole character but will not let me do single bodyparts.

If I remember correctly, when you use Daz's SL export option, it automatically offsets the first frame, which is why you can't just animate 1 joint. This doesn't means you can't. You just have to not use Daz's SL export option. If you simple export the bvh normally, it should work and not auto offset the first frame, because you are using the SL rig.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.