"secondlife cannot be accessed from this computer"

Camiixx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just recently moved in with a friend, and i made a secondlife acccount using her old computer. After downloading the game i tried to log in and i got a message saying "second life cannot be accsessed on this computer". Im really confused, i looked it up online and people had said it was because the computer had been banned, but when i asked her she said she didnt know what second life was D:

5 answers to this question

Has she changing IP adresses?

Because this message is not caused by logging in from a specific computer, but from an IP adress. Many people don't have a static IP adress and when you get this message, it means your computer is currently connected from an adress that has been banned sometimes in the past.

I had this once and it usually solveable by turning off your router, waiting for some time and then turning it on again. This should give you a new adress.

• Like 1

Try switching off your router for ten minutes, and then powering it back up. You will lose Internet connection during this time.

IP address has nothing to do with your specific computer - it relates to your network connection. Second Life used to like banning people by IP address, and this still affects some unassociated users who use dynamic IP addresses.

Restarting your router should provide you with a new IP address, if yours happens to be dynamic.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.