"SecondLife cannot be accessed from this computer". . still works on other computer in same home?

Molly89

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

After trying to log this afternoon i got the above error message. I read about it on here and became worried incase my IP address had been blocked, as i have never griefed, taken part in any fraudulent activity or anything else to get myself banned. I downloaded SL on the Mac in my home (currently cant log in on PC), and it worked fine. Anyone know of a solution?

(Have filed report with SL, but have received no reply as of yet, and after reading any peoples comments about how terrible SL's customer support is - i'm not expecting to for a while. So any help given here would be much appreciated)

Thanks

3 answers to this question

That message 9 times out of 10 means your Account has been banned or placed on Administrative hold.

This action may be in Error. If you have a dynamic IP address there is a slim chance your IP matches a previously banned account. Try changing your IP.

You should not attempt to Access Second Life with this account or create an alt as a work around.

You should have received an Email from SL informing you why action has been taken against you Account. The email is sent to email address you used when you first joined.

It is possible your account is on hold for payment reasons.

If you cannot locate the email from SL and believe there has been an Error, contact support, inform them you cannot access your account.

It took 17 days for a friend to work things out, I hope you find resolution sooner but be patient.

• Like 1

Hello Molly and welcome to SL Forums. There are many reasons why you get that message. Usually this message appeared when your IP blocked or banned by LL. If so, you might to recieve a mail explaining why. Your account may also have been put on hold by mistake, or for an administrative reason -- maybe someone else has been using your account for phishing or other unauthorized purposes. In any case, the only people who can take your account off hold again are at LL.

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location. For more details you can check out the following link:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowled​ge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109

Officially, no other solution than patience waiting for a reply from LL. Of course if you are a Premium Member you can use Live Chat right now.

Informally you can use all the possible ways to contact LL. If you live in US you can call Phone:   (415) 243-9000 (no toll free) or Fax: (415) 243-9045

If you don't  live in US you can use the toll free numbers

You can find them at the following link:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037 Ok they are only for billing issues but

you can give a try.

The last solution is to send a mail to:  support@secondlife.com I can't guarrantee that you will get a reply.

Good luck.

• Like 2

well sir, i had this same problem, "can not connect from this computer", & when i got my internet provider to change my ip address, i could connect again. they wouldn't do it right away, but it happened overnight. so when others get this error and can not tell why it happens (no notice from LL), i would recomend trying to connect from another ip straight away, go to a free hotspot somewhere if possible, to check if it is your account or ip address that may be the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.