i have a friend that presented evidence of false reporting and entrapment. how can i file an appeal

ferrarifan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have a friend that was recently banned from sl but not of his own accord.  the accusation was ageplay but he presented me with evidence that points otherwise and testimone that it wasn't his choice.  he has shown me pics of the stuff used.  one pic had a menu up above a table that said capture on it.  is there any way to get the person unbanned if i can present evidence of entrapment?

6 answers to this question

Ferrarifan,

Rolig is spot on in her advise. This is not your cause to fight.

However on a personal observation note, the "fact" that your friend was able to provide you evidence of his innocence seems very strange.

That he was able to present you with a picture of a device that can capture avatars on the parcel only reinforces the notion that he knows perfectly well how this play area works and the devices there that allow for what appears to be forced age-play interactions. No one can really be forced to do anything on a parcel in SL unless they have granted permission for their avatar to be acted upon.

Anyone who finds themselves simply "trapped" by a cage or some other movement blocking device can simply TP away or log off to leave.

Trapped in a compromising position where it is evident that age-play was occurring doesn't happen without your consent. 

I'm sorry.

• Like 2

you can defend him as much you want, but you are no party in this, you only have hear/say info. LL will not take actions on things from people who are not directly involved. IF you try to do something you most likely will get the answer they don't discuss this matters with you. Also, when that "friend" didn't respond in time to the appeal, the case is closed.

LL don't ban lightly you know.  Especially for age play.

People seem to forget that LL can, and will, check logs (chat/transactions/tp etc) before taking any action.

They will have, undoubtedly, checked all this prior to taking action against your "friend".

I'm certainly not going to spam you with wiki pages copied/pasted, but I'd point you to tell your "friend" about the disclosure part of this particular part..........................................................

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2890 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.