how to sell my account in sl? I've been wondering how to sell..before i do sell what i need to do?

yuka124

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

You are not allowed to sell your account to anyone.  That is a serious TOS violation. ( See TOS, Sect. 4.1:"You may not sell, transfer or assign your Account or its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party without the prior written consent of Linden Lab.")  Furthermore, (Sect. 4.2) "You are solely responsible for all activities conducted through your Account whether or not you authorize the activity (except to the extent that activities occur because someone gains access to our system without using your identifiers and password). In the event that fraud, illegality or other conduct that violates this Agreement is discovered or reported (whether by you or someone else) that is connected with your Account, we may terminate your Account (or Accounts) as described in Section 5."  That means that if you try to sell your account, you will still be responsible for anything that the new owner does -- all bills, all blame for illegal activity.  Even if all of that were not true, selling your account to someone else is a very dumb thing to do.  It makes you vulnerable to identity theft, opening your contact information and financial access to someone else.

So  ....  Don't.   Do.   It.  It is not safe and you could be in big trouble.

EDIT:  BTW, it's probably obvious, but asking the question in a public forum is like raising a flag.

• Like 4

Besides the ToS prohibition, it is not safe to sell your account, or give it away, or in any way let anyone else have access to it.  Your account is associated with enough Real Life personal information about you to enable identity theft.

Letting anyone else access it is an extraordinarily stupid idea.  Don't.

• Like 3

Giving you a simplified answer:

TOS says you need prior written consent from LL

Ask them via support...............................................Try under "Account issue"simple, less reading than pasted TOS extracts too!regards,Adamburp "giving simpler answers since 2010" Adamczyk

I'll officially disagree with Adamburp Adamczyk.

You may NOT sell your account to anyone under any circumstances.

You may arrange for a 3rd party to have ownership/access to your account under very limited circumstances such as on the occasion of your death. In this case you final testament needs to specifically grant this wish. In this case Linden Lab will be following your instructions as set forth in the State of California regarding the disposition of electronic accounts of deceased persons.

Under more limited terms, an administrative account belonging to an educational or business entity may also be transferred to another person if arranged with Linden Lab via correspondence indicating the reasons for this need.

• Like 1

yuka124 wrote:

im not sure its  possible and safe

anyone please tell me

and what should i do safely b4 sell to someone.

Greetings yuka124

OK, we're on the Answers section, and so it is VERY appropriate for people to quote the official Terms of Service to you

However, you do also need to consider what type of person would be likely to want a second hand account, after all it is extremely easy to just create one.  Its really not a sensible thing to do.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.