credit card payment on file

LillyAdaams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have added CC info to my account twice but it never shows up on my avi when I log in.   Also, my account say CC info not used, this is true I have not 'used' my CC just added the info so it would show up on avi as CC payment on file.  Wondering what I might be doing wrong.   Thx for any constructive help offered.

1 answer to this question

The accounting system uses two flags.  Payment Info On File (PIOF) means that you have successfully registered a payment method with Linden Lab.  Payment Info Used (PIU) means that you have used your payment method at least once to buy more than about $2.50 worth of L$.  PIOF shows up in your profile as public information; PIU doesn't, although it is easy to get it with a simple LSL script and it does appear on some pages other than your profile. 

When you register a payment method, you are approved to start making transactions in SL.  You have PIOF, but your account is not truly active, however, until you have PIU.  The first time you buy more than about $2.50 worth of L$, the accounting system starts a clock on your account.  You start with very low transaction limits, shown in the table at https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php . ( Notice, for example, that you will not be allowed to sell L$ at all for the first week. ) Very soon, however, your transaction limits start to change. 

I'm not sure how much of this answers your questions, but I hope it helps.

ETA:  Incidentally -- this may be part of what you are asking --- when you register a payment method, you need to indicate how that method should be used (to buy L$ or to make in world payments, land fees, etc.)  If you forget to do that, you may have PIOF, but never get to have PIU because you didn't specify what your payment method could be used for.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.