What happened to my Linden Home?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That's extremely wierd.  If I were you, I'd contact Live Chat and ask.  You paid for the service, and they love hard questions.

EDIT:  On the other hand ..... I just went there, and your house is definitely there.  It's empty ( I suppose because you removed all your stuff), but it's definitely there.  I suspect that it never vanished, but that it failed to rez in your viewer.  If your computer's graphic card is a bit underpowered or slow, it will occasionally take time to rez some objects.  Some will not rez at all unless you either (1) right-click on them or (2) toggle into Wireframe mode and back out again (with Shift + CTRL + R).

• Like 3

Thanks for the input Rolin Loon, but it only deepens the question. You see my home, yet I don't. It is, in fact still there because on more thorough investigation I find that when I walk about within its confines, I bump into its invisible walls. I have entered the site by TP using another Alt. character and experience the same invisible barriers. I have taken a snapshot of the Avie , Sandygirl (gnuguy) sandng on th invisible second floor just above the entrance to the home, where a patio chair is placed just inside the front door. How can I make it visible to me or my alt? As you can see, my video card has no problem with the other houses around it.

I guess I truly am as dumb as I look.

And you can't make it appear by either of the methods I suggested? I'm going to guess that maybe you are using the Firestorm viewer and have derendered the house by mistake. If you had only derendered it temporarily, it should have reappeared when you relogged. That's what always happens with the standard LL viewer. The Firestorm viewer, however, lets you derender things permanently. So... how to undo permanently? From the top menu bar, select World → Asset Blacklist. Find the item you wish to remove (your house), click it to highlight it, then click the Remove selected items from blacklist button. You will then need to force a view refresh: TP out and back OR relog.

And of course if all else fails, you can just stand in the house, open World >>> About Land >>> General, and  click Abandon Land.  Then you can get a new Linden Home and forget all about this one. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.