UPDATED Wrongfully flagged for adult content (FULL coverage DRESS, Marketplace)

Vicarious Lee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So about 2 hours ago, a listing for a simple dress on MP was removed for "Adult Content". So, here's a link to the exact picture of the thing. At the very least, can anyone tell me why I was flagged? I don't mind completely relisting the item, because I'm absolutely going to unless someone can explain this. It seems as if someone flagged it on accident and they just deleted it without checkin it out. Anyway, I don't like being flagged for bogus things... Any idea how to fight it? I'm so mad I can't even figure out how to open a ticket. It's been too long or something... But here's a link to the wrongfully flagged product. Any ideas on why I was flagged would be fan...tastic.

https://vilesl.wordpress.com/2015/12/02/flagged-for-adult-content/

***UPDATE*** Sorry, I'm not one for forums usually, and therefore I can't find how to respond to either of your answers, so, first, to , thank you SO MUCH for the ticket link. I was stuck going in circles trying to find it (and keep it personal :/), and that's how I ended up here. I seriously can't thank you enough. To Bobbie Faulds, I honestly couldn't tell you what the description said verbatim, since the listing is deleted now. You're probably right though, because the product is a mesh dress, though I usually only list it as "Standard Sizes". Can't say that I've ever listed individual sizes... But anyway, thank you both SO MUCH for your quick answers. Gonna go open that ticket NOW, and find out exactly what happened. TY AGAIN! and again, and again... :)

2 answers to this question

How did you describe it? Chances are that something in the description flagged it as adult. It could be just one word. We'd have to see how you described it. It will flag for what you might think of as the most innocuous word can do it. For instance, I've listed an item as XXS for the size and that XX fired it off into adult listings. You'll have to look at your description terms.

• Like 1

Any resident can "flag" a Marketplace item if it seems to violate one of the rules.  Linden Lab then has to decide whether it ought to be pulled.  They also may decide whether the whistle blower is being overly agressive or maybe even abusive in flagging items.  You can read this bit in the Knowledge Base about how you can respond if one of your items is flagged and the Lab actually does pull it.  Notice that their final line is that if you still have questions or a diagreement, you should submit a support case.   That's remarkably easy.  Go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ and submit in the category Marketplace >>> Marketplace Item Listing Issues.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.