Reactivating an accounts

Rynica

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I inactivated both my premium and basic accounts, but now want to reactivate them.  When I tired to log on them it says log on failed. It seems the passwords have been changed, so  I'm wondering if it is possible that someone got a hold of my account information?  Does SL sell or inactivated Premium accounts?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

If you mean you cancelled your accounts by "inactivated", you have to file a support ticket to reactivate those accounts.

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ Select account issue > Reactivate an old account

You can do so without logging in using a guest email.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019#Section_.5.2

• Like 1

As long as you're in good standing with Linden Lab (not delinquent with billing or otherwise in violation of the Community Standards and Terms of Service) your Second Life account can remain inactive indefinitely. This means that your avatar and inventory will continue to be stored on the Second Life servers. If you closed your account, however, you have to ask Linden Lab to re-activate it. 

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.