I cannot try demo and rez stuff

bevetruth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot try demo and rez stuff ... the contains of demo or stuff didnt show or load jist empty . I have tried anything its like restart, clear cache and clear inventory and reinstall the firestorm viewer but still same issues . Some stuff if I click buy is okay some I couldnt buy not showing the contains and the price .

3 answers to this question

Sometimes viewer or server lag causes things not to load quickly or not to load at all and/or for the buy or pay button not to highlight.  All you can do is try again or try later.  You are right to not attempt to buy something that doesn't load for you in the time you have.

During the holidays like it is now, a lot of people are off work and can log in when they can't otherwise.  There are a lot more people on line as a result and the servers must work a lot harder than usual.  Just about everyone has more lag than they normally do when everyone is at work and not logged in.

If this is constant problem for you and you have good internet but use a wifi connection, switch to a cable.  SL doesn't recommend or even support a wifi connection.

• Like 1

Don't clear your cache.

This used to be the "catch all" troubleshooting fix for SL problems, but nowadays it is not only NOT helpful for most problems, it can actually make things worse.  Not permanently worse, but it will slow things down a lot, while you wait for your inventory to reload and nearby textures to be downloaded.

See Nalates's article on things to try to diagnose and improve your internet connection to SL:  http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

As this is only your 2nd ever post here... we assume you are new.

When asking a tech question include the information from you viewer's HELP->ABOUT... you can click 'HELP' before or after login.

See: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185

Make sure you understand how the buy-open-wear process works.

It is very rare these days for things to not or incorrectly download. So, you should see them in inventory. If you have trouble finding them, click the RECENT tab. Also, there are filters in the inventory tools. Use the GEAR icon to get to the filters. You can set a time range to filter your inventory and reveal just items added in a specific time period.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.