Governor Linden emptied my account, why ?

zilha Zarco

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hello, on 2016-08-19 20:5601 my account was emptied by "Governor Linden"  transac nb 0d29d5a9, i don't know why.

i see now i can't enter my home place, in spite there is 3 weeks of rent remaining.

I wonder what happend, and how to recover both my money and my access to my SL Home.

What can I do ?

3 answers to this question

Linden Lab will take an action like that if they determine that your account is holding L$ that do not belong to you.  As SL residents like you, we have no way of knowing any more than that. The only way that you can find out is to contact the Linden Lab billing office. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

Local Toll-Free numbers

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE
Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE
Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE
Spain: 90-083-9074
UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 4

As Rolig says, LL do this only if they think the L$ came from an illicit source.   It happened to me once, just after I started, and I naively bought L$ from a third-party website at what seemed a very advantagous price (back in 2007 you could by L$ from whoever you wanted to).   

You should have received an email from LL about this.   Check your spam folder -- Gmail in particular often sends emails from LL there unless you specifically tell it not to.

• Like 1

zilha,

There has been a spate of financial griefers lately.  Here's the scenario:

Someone you don't know gives you a large gift of $L...a typical amount would be $L10,000.  

This money is "stolen"...that is, they are using another person's account that they have got access to illegally, or they are using a stolen credit card to buy $L.

Then they submit an abuse report on you, accusing you of fraud, or they may simply wait for LL to notice the stolen money in your account.

Now LL suspects you of being part of a "money laundering" scheme, or receiving $L that were stolen from someone else.  If they believe you actually are a guilty party, they will ban your account completely.

On the other hand, they may realize that you are an innocent victim.  They will still take the stolen $L out of your account.

What can you do to protect yourself?

If you get a large gift of $L from a stranger, don't spend it!  Instead, open a Support Case and give LL the information from your $L transaction log showing the payment to you.  Ask them to verify whether this is a legitimate gift, or if the money you received is fraudulent.  If you REALLY want to play it safe, pay the money to "Governor Linden" yourself...but file the Support Case too, and include information from both transactions.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.