Display Name resetting on it's own, back to my Username, any way to fix this or some kind of glitch?

Xion Hurricane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've done this a number of times the past few weeks and tried setting a display name for myself, but as of lately it kept showing my username... I tried everything, literally...everything.
From preference options in general tab, even UI and chat tabs, right down to debug settings and all..  -_-;

It's annoying me quite a bit that each time over the recent 2 weeks I tried changing my display name to how I had it only to find that when I relogged after a crash once, this all happened (not sure if it's a bug or some other glitch I hadn't expected), but now my name kept reverting to my SL username showing and can't show my display name anymore..

Few others among my friends have noticed this as well and i've scaled all over the forums and other help areas and nothing thus far has matched my problem up to this point..   :/

3 answers to this question

I know that, that's not the issue I'm having here, I know about the 7 day timer and everything, but it's the fact that when I DID change my display name as of this last night, it reset back to my SL Username...on it's own (without me even touching the reset button at all) ....

In a way this kinda creeps me out as well, cause this is the 2nd time it's done this in 2 weeks. .__.;

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2888 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.