Delete group I made

Amshiga Goldlust

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need to delete a group thaqt I created. In the group it shows that I am the only member left. Its been 48 hours and the group is still up. One of my old friends shows that they are still in the group bit it looks like they do not get on sl anymore. Just wanted to know how I can get the group removed since I do not use it any more.

3 answers to this question

Hi Amshiga,

There's an apparent contradiction in your question. "it show that I am the only member left" contradicts with "one of my old friends shows that they are still in the group". Perhaps there is an error in SL that allows that contradiction, and if that's so, resolving it will probably be necessary to abandon the group. I don't know how group data is handled in SL, so any advice I give should be taken with a shaker of salt.

If you have an alternate viewer, launch it and see if you're still the only member in the group. If so, you'll probably have to open a Support Case...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

You won't find a suitable case category unless you're a premium member, but you can try anyway.

If your friend shows up, eject him/her from the group.

I like Alwin's solution, though if your friend is not the only other invisible member then the group will remain and you may lose your ability to ask for support from LL, as you'll have no claim to authority over the group. But if your friend is the only other member, Alwin's solution is neat.

• Like 2

If your second statement is correct and your friend still shows as a member, you can Eject them from the group.  This will work whether or not they are still active in Second Life, but it might NOT work if they have deleted their account.  Then if you are the only remaining member, AND the group does not own any land, it will automatically be disbanded within 48 hours.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.