DNS could not resolve the host name

Zsaferah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hey ,, am new i started last march 8,, i was log in last april 7 , a friend try to tp me and it turn out its an adult place

then my screen froze so i try to refresh but since then i cant log in..evrytime i try this message appear " DNS could not

resolve the host name"..   can anyone out there help me

18 answers to this question

hi, if you downloaded the new client , it may be that!

I am having the same problem... cannot log in at all, DNS error message etc.

I imagine that its a bug in the new client and I would be fairly certain there will be an update from Linden Labs pretty quick on it, lots of people having the same problem.

You can log in using one of the third party clients that you can find on the downloads page wiki, but being a new resident, that may be pretty confusing.

Don't worry, I am sure the problem will be sorted pretty quick, lots of people would have sent support the bug by now!

Hope you are enjoying your Second Life ( except for this annoyance! ) it's  always nice to see new people here : )

I have same error and have tried all the options listed in the help pages and these forums.  I am a Mac user.

I have even tried starting again with new avatar.  Same log in problems.  However when I take my computer to another internet source at work i am able to log in.  ISP have checked all sources their end and can do nothing to help.  

Any suggestions?

I've just bought a new Mac Powerbook, which I set up at my mothers (she has an internet conection) and I had no trouble accessing Second LIfe, but at home, when I attempted to log in again, I was getting the "DNS could not reslove host name" message. To resolve this, all I did was (as a previous member has suggested) reset my router (otherwise known as switching it off and back on again ) :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

it is 3/5/2013  and I am having this dns issue  with no fix, reguardless of  all the things I have tried  that have been suggested. I pay  monthly for my access I  want  compensation  for not being able to use a service I pay for. phoenix viewer works but no  other viewer will load  and let me in world. LL  needs to fix this or if any one has any ideas  please let me know as I have exosted all  the possibilities there are  and now that LL  has decided to tell me oh its a bug  please  try ths and this , all of which are repeats of what I  have already done as well as  the first message I sent I gave a screenshot of  the error, and   they  now  ask for a screen shot, I wonder if  they read  the history at all... I am tired of  this round and round.

Hi, I just joined Second Life today (31 March) and I've been getting this same "DNS could not resolve the host name" message each time I try to log on. There isn't a problem with my internet connection, and I can connect to all of the Second Life websites with my browser, but whenever I try to actually log in and use Second Life I can't because of that message. Help?

I have the same problem on August 28th 2013. Phoenix Viewer works well as the only one - except that all the peeps are grey. No Solution for any other viewer that helped me out. Firestorm has the Problem, all the officials too. It seems.. if no wonderr occure, I am simply not able to play SL anymore. lol

Any ideas?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.