what does the abuser get in the abuse report

Ddevi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know how to post and abuse report, but what does the person the report is being filled against get? I have been told by a friend that she get reported all the time but i want ot knwo what infomrations she receives?

3 answers to this question

First of all, if I had a friend who boasted about getting "reported all the time" I would go and find a better class of friends!

Those reported never see the actual Abuse Report.  They are not told who reported them, or even in most cases what they were reported for, except in very broad terms.

If LL finds you "guilty", they will simply issue a warning or a penalty, and tell you that you can appeal the decision.  In general terms, for a first offense, you get a warning.  A repeat offense brings a short suspension.  Continued offenses bring longer suspensions, or a permanent ban of your account.  In extreme cases, the user's computer is MAC address banned, and no one using that computer can access Second Life.

• Like 2

If after reviewing the AR and investigating it further, if LL decides to take any action, from a warning. a temporary suspension or permanent ban  They receive an email letting them know what their 'sentence' is and why.  They are not told who AR'd them.  If the AR is ruled groundless or something that LL doesn't get involved with they recieve nothing to my knowledge.

Nothing! I got a 24 hour ban once for a *cough* adult picture I had in my profile in a M rated area which I THOUGHT was ok-wrong!!!. I was late night shopping on a deserted sim and some passerby took a peek at my profile anf poof. You are not told why. I had to contact LL to find out why.  To those of us banned it almost seems like SL has gone down.  You just are not able to log in and it gives you a timer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.