wedding venue planner scam

Chrisi01

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

there is a sim with  horrible wedding planners and it is a rip off i asked for my money back as i wasnt satisfied i was told to pay in full 15k linden  come to find out  i only had to pay half which i recieved in the notecard later they cussed at me  said i was lying about my sister having  cancer in rl  i have to take care of her kid  i am really upset with this  what can i do to get my money back and them  shut down the way they talk crap about thier clients is horrible they  dont care about the client  they lie about the  things they have and what they can do they are a fly by night place

2 answers to this question

Rolig's post is spot on.... You have no recourse other than to take your business elsewhere.

However,

A Wedding Planner [in RL or SL] is an individual that should not be hired without checking references. After that check, you should ask for the detailed NC regarding services offered and the exact costs. You should visit the actual venue and see what group owns it. Make sure all the staff and the Wedding Planner you are interviewing are staff members. Ask to see picture albums of previous weddings held at the location managed by your wedding planner.

If you like what you see and the references check out, then and only then do you leave a deposit.

From what I can discern from your post is that you didn't do any of these things.

Wedding Planners are not your new BFF. Your personal real life or situation is none of their business and you shouldn't share any of that with them, period, unless it is germane to the marriage experience you want to have.

You are hiring a temporary "professional" employee. Treat them as such and as the professional they show themselves to be.

If you have an "Oh Oh" feeling about the planner or venue, keep on looking.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.