someone has a tracker on me

priceless29

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I´ve been told someone 'had a tracker on me' some years ago, so I looked into that, and there are things like this sold on Marketplace, apparently it´s okay to sell such stuff: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Online-Tracker-HUD-online-status-indicator-online-detector-avatar-online-indicator/676468

Type in 'online tracker' as search term in MP, then you can get an idea of what´s possible. I bought a similar thing at that time to try it out with a friend, so we knew if it really works, it did.

There´s not much you can do I fear, unless the person does anything you could AR to LindenLab, but to block and ignore them. Reacting to them by IMing and accusing them of tracking you etc. probably only works like fuel to the fire with stalker personalities I guess. If you just ignore it completely, chances they´ll get bored with it and go track someone else are highest probably. 

That's true if it's an on-line tracker, but if the OP is wearing a location tracker, it can find her anywhere. The only way to beat it is to remove the device. It may not always be easy to identify which attachment has the tracking script in it, but once she does, it will be easy to detach and delete it. In the end, of course, a determined pest can usually find you even without a tracker of any kind. Getting rid of tracker attachments just makes it harder.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2980 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.