"I will always report" repeatedly with hacked Screen -> banned for 6 hours???

Sophia1100101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello

I seem to be hacked or something because I was dancing in our Adult-Club and suddenly the screen was full of weird characters and a voice repeated "I will always report". I could not close the Firestorm-viewer by anything but the windows process-manager. After I closed everything and restarted firestorm to log in, I got a message that i cannot use my accout untill today (PST) 22:50 or so......

I did not anything but answering a request for "cam-show?" with "forget it"!

One of our club-managers banned him later off our group and shortly after that, this thing happened....

Please set my account free again, because this was certainly hacking, griefing or report-abuse if someone filed a report against me. I have NEVER broken ANY rule of Second Life!!!

KR

Sophia

Edit: Name removed cause I didn't know i was on a forum when I click "Support"....

Next Edit: Great.. it is even impossible to answer in the thread itself...

You guys obviously can't read properly (or are not wiling to)... As I said, the whole SCREEN was full of weird characters - NOT the chat-window! But okay, I am wrong here anyways because I have nothing to do with forums... obviously it is impossible to file a support-ticket from "outworld".

@Rolling Loon:

I am not a stupid newb to computer-related things.. it is part of my job irl and when I say "my whole screen was full of weird characters" then it should be clear to any educated adult, that "characters" are ASCIIs and not rezzing objects... it is not possible to rez anything on that land anyway....

And clicking on "help" on the top here does not give me the choice you named and I would have loved to find there... it only leads to the forums - no support ticket system... The two threads you linked (thanks for that) I have already read yesterday after I realized i "filed" my issue in a forum instead of the service. BUT they do not in any meaning handle my questions. There was no quarrel between us, not even a conversation other than the quoted two words of each of us, so it has nothing to do with the listed "how to deal with"s. And the "how to file" describes the inworld process of filing an issue, so that fails my question as well....

I am still arguing here with you, because you seem to want to let me look like a numb by interpreting what I write to something you can easily wipe away... It is already obvious to me, that I won't get any help from you, no question of "being kind" to you or not...

It is a known fact that SL can possibly be abused to hack into not just others' accounts but even download malware to a less protected users' computer, but it seems a sacrileg to talk about it in the open....

6 answers to this question

I don't see anything in that description to suggest that you were "hacked".  It sounds like some griefer simply flooded chat with a bunch of nonsense and then submitted an AR on everyone in the club, probably claiming that you were the ones that did it.  So everyone got a minimal slap on the wrist -- banned for 6 hours -- because that's easier for Linden Lab than trying to sort out who set off the chat stream.  In fact, it's possible that the chat was set off by objects that spoofed your identity, so it looked like you really were the bad guys. 

In any case, the 6 hours are half over now, and by the time you submit your own AR, you will be reinstated.  I suggest that each one of you should submit your own AR.  Tell exactly what happened, without speculation, and let Linden Lab deal with the real griefer.  He's the one you should be mad at.

BTW, Lindal is right.  You are violating the Community Standards by naming the griefer here, so please remove the name from your post.

• Like 1

Never place the name of another avatar into the forum otherwise your 6 hour ban may got much longer. Please share your issue without naming names or pointing fingers. Most likely as has been said earlier you were all made out to be the bad guys and for the sake of making it easy Linden labs just banned everyone for a 6 hour "Time Out"

I do not se any hacking, just a bad case of griefing and not following the rules of the forums here.

You're lucky it was only six hours considering the nature of the club. Gross.

Seems like you attracted a griefer/vigilante of sorts. Regardless of your claim, humans investigate each Abuse Report and it's likely that this 6-hour warning was triggered by surrounding content.

I don't think either side wins this, but if someone can AR you and have it applied effectively while you 'work' - you might want to consider a change in career.

Sophia1100101 wrote:

[ .... ]

You guys obviously can't read properly (or are not wiling to)... As I said, the whole SCREEN was full of weird characters - NOT the chat-window! But okay, I am wrong here anyways because I have nothing to do with forums... obviously it is impossible to file a support-ticket from "outworld".

There's no point in wasting time insulting people that you asked for help.  That just makes it less likely that you'll get help next time you ask. 

No matter how your "whole screen" was filled with garbage, the answer is the same.  You had a trivial rebuke from Linden Lab, which has now expired.  In situations like this, it's hard to sort out who was responsible, so it's easier to give everyone a "time out" so that they have time to calm down instead of going back to escalate things. As I suggested before, it would be a good idea for you and anyone else who knows who the griefer really was to submit a support case. You can do that by clicking Help at the top of this screen and then Submit a Support Case

For more information read

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

and

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-deal-with-abuse-and-harassment/ta-p/1339983

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.