Why would someone surround his house with 117 loud soundboxes in Bagwyn?

MiaMackleby

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why would someone surround his house with 117 (maximum) loud prim soundboxes in Bagwyn?

Edit

Thanks for the quick responses. I have filed the abuse report. Muting the sound boxes was a problem since they were named "object", I think. Muting the owner made them silent for me, but I do like to entertain occasionally, so this is still a problem. My actual question was one of motivation: What would possess a player to do this to his neighbors?

Conjectures have ranged from "Unaware, just like the noise", "Just Cause He Can", to "Conspirational Land Grab". I do not know. He does seem to be foreign, so that may also be an issue.

Anyway, thanks for the answers. I am going to close this out, maybe move it to Forums for a more dynamic discussion on Griefing.

5 answers to this question

I will ask him, though my first response was to file an abuse (spamming) report. It seemed like such a blatantly rude thing to do. He is the only change (a one week old resident). Maybe a protest, but how do we know what to fix when he seems to just want us gone? BTW I was able to mute him by name since muting the boxes (named "object") did not seem to work. I just wondered if there was something to be gained by doing this? Can't we just abandon a Linden Home and pick up another one?

Yes, you can abandon the Home, and choose another.

Residents are not Permitted to display objects, as you have described, outside of their Linden Home. If this is the case, it is a clear Violation, Linden Lab will very likely, remove the objects, and inform that Resident to "not do that".

You should Report Abuse, and Include a screen shot.

Submit an Abuse Report immediately and get any affected neighbours to do the same, the more ARs the better in a case like this.

Linden Lab use to respond to blatant abuses of the Linden Home Rules very promptly (within 24 hours) a year or so ago but lately these are getting ignored for much longer periods, much like the rest of SL,

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.