Why is it every time my avatar walks, music plays?

BellaRose Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just don't know what it is and it's driving me nuts!

I know it's not anything Im wearing because I have changed outfits so many times. Its not me because when I go to another land the music stops, but when I got back to my skybox, it starts playing again. I have even went as far as moving my skybox high up and for awhile (like 4hrs) it was fine. But all of a sudden when my avi walks music just starts to play out of nowhere. Some rock song. Idk if somebody has bugged me or what, and I have relogged time and time again, but nothing.

I am just out of options here. I am so confused as to what this could be?

Any ideas? And any ideas on how to fix this thing? It's driving me up the wall.

Thanks!

*UPDATED INFO*

Im using Firestorm.

Other avis can hear the music.

Ive triend Ctrl+Alt+Shift+N and no sign of what it is

Ive cleared my cache but nothing

I have logged on my SL viewer and there is no sound...but only when i Log on Firestorm..

NO its not a walker

Im lost :/

9 answers to this question

It would be easy enough to create a device that would do that, so that's not out of the realm of possibility.  Unless you know a practical joker, though, it seems unlikely.  I think it's more likely to be a device that was meant to do something else and has gone wonky.  Maybe it's a Firestorm bridge, as Cinn suggests, but that would follow you wherever you are.  I think it's more likely to be something in your skybox.  If you haven't tried already, see if you can locate it with a beacon.  Type CTRL + Alt + Shift + N to open your beacon panel.  Then select "Sound Sources".  Any sound sources around you should either show up with a beacon or a red highlight, depending on which you choose.  There are likely to be a few things that you never knew emitted sounds, and one of them could be your mystery musician.

ETA:  A beacon will not locate the source of a streamed sound, since that is a parcel property, but it will catch any standard sound file being played.  I doubt that it's streamed music, though, or your would have seen its URL in About Land >> Sound, and it would change if you use a parcel radio.

• Like 1

This is something I actually just experinced with a "Mexican Hat Dance" walker that I would experience every time I walked around outside of my cottage. It turned out that going to "Advanced", "Highlighting and Visibility" and then "Highlight transparent" (not sure if that's also on Firestorm)....made the dance walker that I dropped on the sand visible by highlighting it red and then I was able to delete it. This might not work for what you're experiencing but it also might be worth a try :) It was driving me nuts! I had it attached and somehow it ended up on the floor and then every time I was out there.....I was doing this silly walk lol

On 8/3/2013 at 8:17 PM, Wendylynn1532 said:

This is something I actually just experinced with a "Mexican Hat Dance" walker that I would experience every time I walked around outside of my cottage. It turned out that going to "Advanced", "Highlighting and Visibility" and then "Highlight transparent" (not sure if that's also on Firestorm)....made the dance walker that I dropped on the sand visible by highlighting it red and then I was able to delete it. This might not work for what you're experiencing but it also might be worth a try :) It was driving me nuts! I had it attached and somehow it ended up on the floor and then every time I was out there.....I was doing this silly walk lol

Thank you this reply just helped my friend. She stripped down to the basics and we still couldn't figure it out! Found it in area search on FS and deleted!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.