Why employees of Linden Labs giving out personal information?????

RavenShadowbane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why are Linden Lab Employees giving out private information to outside sources. In regards to other peoples private information concerning avatars and there privacy???? There is a leak in Linden Lab Empolyees giving out such private information..I know first hand. Investigation of such a matter or matters should be done. As If one persons privacy is breeched? Then how many more will be affected????

4 answers to this question

That is a serious accusation, RavenShadowbane, and if you expect anyone to take you seriously, you will need very convincing proof.  Your post merely makes an assertion, without proof of any kind.

Linden Lab takes the protection of residents' personal information very seriously indeed, and I find it difficult to give your unsupported statement any credence.

• Like 4

I sincerely doubt that whoever told you that is telling the truth. Linden Lab's Privacy Policy is quite rigid.  Read it carefully for yourself >>> http://www.lindenlab.com/privacy  .  If you have any actual evidence to suggest that the company is or any of its employees is not following the policy, send an e-mail to privacy@lindenlab.com or write to:

Privacy Rights
Linden Lab
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

• Like 4

What is a shame is that you have taken all this time to post a completely false narrative regarding someones purported [breached] account. Not only false, but completely unsubstantiated with any facts whatsoever except your reputation as a 2 time poster in this august support community.

If you would have taken any time to read the 100's of posts and responses to SL Answers questions such as [My account was "Hacked] then you'd know that "Hacking"into accounts one of the most unlikely things to happen. Further, you'd know that weak passwords or an OP falling for a social Phishing attack or an OP giving someone else their password [because I know they can be trusted] is the most likely reason that someone loses control of their LL Avatar account.

Please take your uninformed conspiracy theory and ply it elsewhere where a large informed support community is not present.

We're good here thank you very much.

P.S. BTW, when presented with a proper subpoena for information, Linden Research will give an account holders "information on file" to the proper authorities pursuant to the laws of the State of California and the Federal regulations of the United States of America.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.