Whats causing my jet to malfunction flying?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Did you pre-flight the jet? Condensation in the fuel tanks could certainly cause erratic operation.

;-).

On a more serious note, erratic operation of a scripted object (which is what your jet is) can be caused by excessive server load, which reduces the allowable time for scripts to run. There's no need for paranoia there, it happens. Avoid flying in crowded sims, and throttle down when crossing sim borders to give the servers more time to hand off your data. Speed kills.

Instability can also be caused by communications errors or excessive latency between your computer and the SL grid. Again, no reason for paranoia, it happens.

If you're experiencing erratic behavior in other SL operations, you might benefit from reading this..

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 2

Maddy makes some great suggestions.

In my experience, jets are a bad match with Second Life.  Almost every one of them flies so fast that you are crossing the far region boundary only seconds after entering the region.  This does not give the servers enough time to load your data and then hand you off to the next region.  The result is that after a few region crossings, you go completely unstable and crash.

I have a number of really beautiful jets, and they're all death traps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2692 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.