What's the proper method of reporting someone impersonating an LL employee?

JackRobert Davros

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There is somoene that keeps saying they are or were Employees of LInden Labs and has access to reports to stop people from reporting thier alts to LL. 

I have twice reported this with actual logs so that LL can find the information quicker.  I have seen this person continue to claim to be employed by Linden Labs with impunity.

I have used the ingame Reporting method and I don't think it's getting read due to no clear catagory for nonmonetary fraud, such as saying "Don't bother reporting him/her, I'm an agent of LL and used to work there so I know they're already under investigation and reporting them will only slow us down"

EDIT: thank you for answering.  that's was what I was doing to help LL and the fact they've not thumped this guy for impersonating one of thiers is a little disconcerting to say the least.   I know if I got reports of someone saying they're my helper and they aren't I'd be stopping that sort of stuff quickly.  Maybe they're just really backed up.

3 answers to this question

When you submit an Abuse Report, be sure to stick to the facts and to be as complete as you can be.  Provide names, dates, times, and places where you believe that a TOS violation may have occurred.  Include photos and chat log excerpt if you can.  Make screen shots of relevant information.  Refer to specific sections of the TOS that you think may have been violated.

Linden Lab investigates all Abuse Reports, but cannot do a proper investigation with a vague, confusing, or self-contradictory report.  Also, note (TOS, Sect 6): "We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users." So, LL generally only deals with Abuse Reports in which it is clear that there has been a TOS violation.  Finally, do not expect a response, other than the brief acknowledgement that the Lab has received your AR.  They will never tell you what the outcome of their investigation was, or whether a sanction was applied.

• Like 4

According to https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065, "If you don't see a category for the particular incident you're reporting,[you should] use Select Category > Other and explain in the Details field"  but I can't see Select Category > Other anywhere.

I think I would report it as harassment, and then make it clear in the description what you're complaining about.   He is, after all, trying to stop people from responding to misbehaviour, which I think is a form of disruption.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2683 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.