What if someone falsifies a griefer report that caused someone to be banned from SL?

TheNekoMimiGamer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hypothetically speaking, if someone was mad at someone enough to report them to LL for griefing, and the reported user gets banned for... let's say one day, if someone found out the person didn't have proof of the griefing or had blatently lied about it just because they didn't like that person, shouldn't that be grounds for disciplinary action?

If they were just banned from the sim, I wouldn't have asked. That's resident to resident, but causing someone to get banned from SecondLife is what I'm curious about. I just really want to know if it's possible to report someone for falsifying a griefer report against another user. If that isn't already against Terms of Service, it really should be.

1 answer to this question

LL does not just ban on someone's report.  They take the evidence that was submitted with the report, if any, and check it against their own logs to be sure it's accurate and not made up or the logs altered.  They also may look at other records they have to see what if any evidence exists to back up the claim.

So, it depends on what the person submitted.  If they submit false or misleading "evidence" then, yes they could get in trouble for that and face action against them.  If it's just their word and it's nothing like crashing a sim or other severe trouble, then LL may look on it as just a resident to resident dispute and do nothing.

It also depends on what the reporter claims as griefing too.  Not everything people call griefing is what LL would call it.  Again they are smart enough to know the difference between a resident to resident dispute and a real griefing.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.