Using recorded videos as evidence for reporting

TheNekoMimiGamer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was at a sim that just had to ban a voice troll for rezzing in a private parcel without permission and planting a voice bot and annoying everyone in the parcel. I recorded a video of him (and made sure he knew I was recording) but I don't know how to use it to report him. About an hour later, they returned on another alt to once again plant a voicebot, but this time threatening to have our accounts banned because we banned him for being annoying and disrespectful. He literally just came back a third time pretending to be someone else entirely to mess with us, but we recognized him from his voice. 

How do we ban this guy properly, and how do I use my recording as evidence?

1 answer to this question

Well, first of all, edit your post to remove the names of the people you are accusing.  It's against forum rules and could get YOU in trouble.

Second, you have a difficult problem.  Apparently, all the evidence for their griefing is in voice chat...which is not logged by LL.  Moreover, there's no way to attach a video or sound file to the abuse report.

If they typed anything in local chat or IM that would support your case, you can submit portions of your chat log files in evidence.

Don't worry, he has no grounds to report you for banning him.  A land owner may ban anyone she wants to, at any time, for any reason, or even for no reason at all.

The simplest thing to do is to mute and ban this person and any alts, and then completely ignore him.  Continue to report, mute, and ban any other alts that show up.

What is a "voice bot?"  A bot, or "scripted agent" is an actual Second Life account that's controlled by a program rather than a live person.  If the griefer is using bots for griefing, it's a violation of LL's scripted agent policy and can be abuse reported.  If you mean he was placing objects with sound emitters in them, that can be reported as harassment; muting either the object owner or the object itself will mute both owner and object.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.